Work hard for your money
Previously I gave you some advice about career and taxes, which will help you tremendously with all the tips I will be writing about. Tip # 1, on surviving the United States of America is to work hard for your money. Nowadays, this country has become less reluctant to ” welfare services”. The government is making it harder for individuals to qualify for social services. We have to work to support ourselves and our families. We can’t rely on the government to support us.
Now my question to you is, why did you migrate to the United States of America? If you answered: To make money! You are in the right country. Do you have what it takes to make money? You better have what it takes. There are millions of opportunities here, you just have to know how to take advantage of them. Do you have the following:
- A Green Card, Working Visa or were you born here?
- A Driver’s license or Identification Card from the United States of America?
- A Social Security card?
If you answered yes to the above 3 questions, by all means, get a job and not welfare! Are you aware of the news? President Trump will do anything to make it harder for low-income people. He said, “it’s time for all Americans to get off welfare and get back to work.” Here is an example; he has proposed to make cuts in all 62 different departments including:
Department of Health and Human Services
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program ($3.4 billion): LIHEAP helps the elderly and low-income people pay their heating and power bills.
Community Services Block Grants ($715 million): CSBG is an anti-poverty grant program that the White House says duplicates emergency food assistance and employment programs.
The different programs for low-income people will eventually be less, if you came to this country to seek those services, I feel sorry for you. Please take advantage of everything that is available to you, not just welfare. How about, education, jobs, owning a business, investment opportunities, etc. I will be covering in detail all those. For now, work hard for your money!
How to work hard for your money:
- Get a job. Below are a few websites to apply for jobs:
- Robert Half
- Start your own company. You must be good at something, use your knowledge, skills, and experience to help others. Later on, I will be posting a step by step guide on how to start your own business in the legal standpoint.
- If you have family and friends in your country, STOP sending them money. You have bills to pay, you are a priority. Now, if you have mom or dad, or the person that raise you still alive, by all means, help them with the main necessities but do not support your entire family. Later when you become financially free, you will be able to help them, for now, save, save and save all your extra money.
- Start saving 10% of each paycheck. It is important to save money for rainy days or to invest in the future. Later on, I will be posting about this in more detail.
- Build credit. I suggest getting one or two credit cards to build credit. Use them, and pay them right away. By credit cards I mean, major credit cards, not store credit. Good credit will help you start a business, get you a job, and make big important purchases as cars or houses. Later on, I will be posting about this in more detail.
- Be stingy with your money. I understand you need to socialize with friends or family, but make sure you are not the one paying for everyone all the time.
- Pay your taxes. It is important you file your income taxes every year. I advise you to get a tax course with any major tax company. For example; H&R Block has a great course, it helps you understand Federal and State taxes.
- Buy things you need, don’t waste your money to impress others. We live in a society that is rapidly becoming very artificial. Enjoy the simple things in life, non-brand items have the same effect than brand names. Purchase what you need, don’t over spend on unnecessary things that will eventually mean nothing!
Hope you enjoy tip #1, I sure enjoyed writing it.
Below are some quotes, pass them on.